The Sport Premium has been put to use in a variety of ways over the years we have received it. With the Premium this year, to ensure that the sustainability expectation of the funding is met, we will be spending a lager proportion of the funding to purchase a range of equipment.
Pupil premium and SEND core offer information is also available.
In 2019/2020 our school will receive £16,140 of Sports Premium Funding .
We have thought carefully about how we will use this funding to make the most impact on our children.
The funding will be used in the following ways:
- We will continue to allow children to be as active as possible throughout the school day. Whole school approach to ensure each child is active for at least 30 minutes per day in addition to their PE entitlement.
- We will ensure all children master the fundamental movement skills, especially in EYFS and KS1. This may include new equipment being bought and staff CPD to ensure children access high quality teaching.
- We will broaden and increase the knowledge of current and new staff, accessing a variety of CPD in a variety of sports. Children will have access to high quality teaching and cross curricular opportunities.
- We will replace and extend the range of equipment we use within lessons to provide the children with opportunities to extend their skills.
- We will ensure there is a wide range of extra-curricular activities on offer with a focus on sports not on the current PE curriculum – subsidised by parents to broaden the range offered
- We will provide leadership opportunities to the greatest number of children across all areas of School.
- We will continue to work with Hyndburn Sports Partnership and focus on giving targeted groups of children access to Festival based events and entering B/C teams in competitions.
- We will ensure opportunities for high quality intervention are made across the school.