SPECIAL EDUCATION NEEDS & DISABILITIES (SEND)
Key information about our SEND policy.
The downloadable document below explains how we support children who have Special Educational Needs or Disabilities and their families.
Our Local Offer document explains our SEND provision in school and can be found below. We hope that it will enable parent/carers to compare and contrast the provision we have available to meet SEN and Disability needs at our establishment and that offered at other settings.
Click on the link below to view Lancashire’s LCC Local Offer:
Complaints for parents of children with Special Educational Needs:
The complaint procedure for special educational needs mirrors the school’s other complaints procedures. Should a parent or carer have a concern about the special provision made for their child they should in the first instance discuss this with the class teacher.
If the matter is not resolved satisfactorily parents have recourse to the following:
- discuss the problem with the SENCO
- discuss the problem with the Headteacher
- More serious on-going concerns should be presented in writing to the SEN Governor, who will inform the Chair of the Governors
Should you wish to make an appointment with any of the above, please contact the school office
Local Authority Support:
Further support can be found by clicking on the following:
- Learn about Lancashire’s Local Offer
- Read this parent guide about SEND and how it works
- Lancashire’s SEND Partnership Updates can be found here
- See LCC’s SEND Local Offer Facebook page here
- Lancashire’s latest FIND newsletter can be found here
Please see the flyer for information about the SEND team’s drops in sessions.