OTHER INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
We share a lot of information that’s intended to help parents and carers at different times throughout the year.
Information and downloads available here include
- Parent Forum
- School Dinners
- School Uniform
- Bad Weather
When we move into winter and the challenges that the weather can sometimes bring, can we remind parents / carers that we always endeavour to remain open where safe to do so.
If a decision is made to close, it follows an assessment of the risks to pupils, staff and parents.
In the event that a decision to close is made we will let you know via text message as well as via BBC Radio Lancashire.
Latest weather forecast for our area can be found here
Lunches are free for infants and £2.20 per day for juniors. Contact the school office if you have a question about payments or entitlement.
Please see the link (Parent_guide_summer2015.pdf) at the bottom of this page to download a copy of the guide to using our online payment facility.
COLLECTING CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL
The overriding concern at our school is to ensure that children are safe, this includes going home at the end of the school day.
Up to Year 4 we would expect an adult to collect a child to ensure that they return to their home safely. From Year 5 onwards we do understand that parents would like to give their child some independence as they prepare for the transition to High School.
We have been asked about letting older siblings still under the age of 16 to collect at the end of the school day. Our policy is that we do not release children, especially those in the Infants, into the care of anyone other than an adult who has been notified to us as authorised to collect.
If you wish to discuss this further, please contact the school.
- green school cardigan or jumper
- a green checked summer dress may be worn during warmer weather
- gold polo shirt with school logo
- green skirt/ pinafore dress or grey trousers
- white/grey socks or grey tights
- black shoes
- a warm waterproof coat
- Religious head wear should be black, elasticated and not worn for PE (for health & safety reasons)
- plain white T-shirt
- black shorts
- black pumps
- trainers for outside (KS2 only)
- During periods of cold weather a plain warm jumper and plain black jog pants / leggings may be worn for outdoor PE
For Swimming Lessons your child will need:
- swimming costume or trunks
- a swimming hat
- a towel
- goggles (if medically necessary)
In the interests of safety it is a Governors’ rule that no jewellery may be worn, except for necessary hair bands and slides which should be in school colours. Children are allowed to wear watches but they are responsible for looking after them. Please ensure that all alarms or hourly chimes are switched off! Parents should contact the Headteacher about medical bracelets.
If children wish to have their ears pierced, please have this done in the first week of the summer holidays; if children come to school wearing ear rings and they are unable to remove them by themselves, then parents / carers will be contacted to come to school to remove them. We do not allow the wearing of ear rings for reasons of safety which is in line with the guidance and recommendations of the Association for Physical Education’s publication “Safe Practice in Physical Education & School Sport”.
- All Pupils are expected to change into separate P.E clothes.
- Although KS1 pupils are expected to be familiar with a variety of fastenings, the emphasis for P.E changing is to keep these to a minimum. We therefore ask your help in sending pupils in trousers or skirts with elasticated waists.
- In the past sandals have been worn in the summer months. However, due to the increased risk of injuries through wearing this footwear, they are no longer school uniform.
- We have very limited space in our cloakrooms and classrooms and so we do not allow large bags to be brought into school.
From time to time children do become ill and parents / carers can understandably be unsure if the illness means they have to stay away from school. At the bottom of this page you can download a pdf file of a poster which schools use to guide them in making decisions; we have put it here to help you also decide. Please be aware that the actual image will print out at A2 size so you may need to adjust your screen size to read it.
As always, if you are unsure or have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us or contact your GP for advice.
Appendix A Who Are Parent Governors.pdf
Appendix E Disqualification amended.pdf
A2 Schools poster_1.pdf